Support Engineer (India)
FileCloud is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Support Engineer based in India to join our team. In this role you will diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve customer issues in a timely manner. This role is fully remote and will require working remotely with other team members.
FileCloud is the fastest-growing Enterprise File Share and Sync (EFSS) solution in the industry, with over one million users worldwide. Our vision is to empower customers to own and control their own content. We do this by providing hyper-secure content collaboration – simplified. Our products are used by many global 2000 and Fortune 500 companies and world-leading public sector organizations. FileCloud recently closed a $30 million Series A investment led by Savant Growth to address the growing demand for enterprise security, compliance, and workflow automation. We are currently expanding our team as we grow and improve FileCloud.
- Become a product expert by testing all the different features of FileCloud – installation, configuration of features and test product on multiple desktop applications
- Respond to all Level 1 & Level 2 support tickets within SLA
- Create internal SUP/ CL Tickets with development
- Fill in required forms and administer & complete tickets after dealing with customers
- Follow up with customers and keep them updated regarding any tickets under investigation
- Support weekend shift rotation (at least 1 weekend shift per month)
- Follow escalation procedures as required to designated team
- Present good communication (both written and verbal) between team and other departments.
- Perform professional service tasks assigned by senior team – scheduled calls with customers, recreating the customer environment and testing the solutions ahead of time.
- Currently based and is resident in India/Philippines.
- 3+ years Linux administration experience with Ubuntu, CentOS, Debian, RHEL
- Familiar with Apache Web Server troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Web Application support in Linux
- Possess Network Shares management skills
- 2+ years in Technical Support position (customer service/technician)
- Present good language communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Availability to work support weekend rotation (at least 1 weekend shift per month)
- Available to work 5pm to 11am + 9am-10am US Central Time (4.30am - 10.30am + 8.30pm - 9.30pm IST)
- 1+ year Support Ticketing system experience (Zendesk, Freshdesk, SupportPal, Clarify, etc.)
- 2+ years in Windows Server Administration working with Active Directory, NTFS, IIS, SSL certificates, Power Shell etc
- Hold PHP application debugging skills
- 1+ years’ experience in MongoDB troubleshooting
- 2+ years’ experience in Apache troubleshooting
- 1+ years’ experience AWS Administration
- 1+ years’ experience Azure Administration
- Possess Single Sign On experience
*The ideal candidate will need to be available to work the US shift for the first 3 months of the training. This is 9 am–5pm US Central time (8.30pm - 4.30am IST)
- Be part of a team of passionate, committed individuals dedicated to building a world-class product
- Dedicated time for training and education opportunities
- A mentorship model wherein your mentor and team support your development.
- A competitive salary with an annual bonus
- Fully remote working whilst offering flexible hours that fall outside of the companywide core hours of 8am-11am (US Central time zone)
- 20 days of paid time off which increases by a further 5 days after 5 years of service (in addition to 10 public holidays in your country)
- Paid day off on your birthday or on an alternative day if your birthday falls outside a normal working day
- Paid day off to volunteer with the charity of your choice
- Paid monthly internet cost, as well as lunch and wellbeing stipend provided
- Reimbursement of all hardware costs associated with the role