Software Development Engineer, Test
FileCloud (based in Austin, Texas) is looking for a passionate Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) with 3+ years of experience in Quality Engineering. The SDET will be responsible for planning, implementing, and executing test automation and participating in testing software developed by FileCloud’s development team.
About the Product & Company
FileCloud is the fastest-growing Enterprise File Share and Sync (EFSS) solution in the industry, with over one million users worldwide. Our products are used by many global 2000 and Fortune 500 companies and world-leading public sector organizations. FileCloud recently closed a $30 million Series A investment led by Savant Growth to address the growing demand for enterprise security, compliance, and workflow automation. We are currently expanding our team as we grow and improve FileCloud.
- Help plan and execute a test automation roadmap
- Review requirements specifications and technical documents to provide feedback
- Participate in feature development by identifying test scenarios and writing test plans based on functional requirements
- Identify and document test cases based on the functional requirements
- Identify, record and document thoroughly and track bugs using the issue tracking system
- Set up and maintain test labs with multiple testing environments
- Maintain the automated unit and system test cases
- Reproduce reported customer problems to help developers troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with server test automation
- Understanding of REST API’s and experience testing them
- Experience in selecting or identifying Areas/Test cases for Automation
- Designing & implementing Test Automation Strategy
- Experience in PHP Test Automation
- Hands on experience working with automation tools/frameworks (e.g., Pytest, Behave, Cypress, Junit, TestNG, RestAssured, Cucumber etc.)
- Experience working with source control tools like GIT and Bit Bucket
- Must be proficient in Windows and Linux environments.
- Must be available online from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. U.S. Central Time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion and desire for learning, technology and delivering quality products
- Self-starter, highly motivated and works with little or no supervision
Nice to have:
- Hands on experience building and working with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with Docker
- Experience working with mobile app test automation
- Experience in Python Test Automation
- Be part of a team of passionate, committed individuals dedicated to building a world-class product.
- Dedicated time for training and education opportunities.
- A mentorship model wherein your mentor and team support your development.
- A competitive salary with an annual bonus.
- Fully remote working whilst offering flexible hours that fall outside of the companywide core hours of 9am -12pm (US Central time zone).
- 20 days of paid time off which increases by a further 5 days after 5 years of service (in addition to 10 public holidays in your country).
- Paid day off on your birthday or on an alternative day if your birthday falls outside a normal working day.
- Paid day off to volunteer with the charity of your choice.
- Paid monthly internet cost and lunch stipend provided.
- Reimbursement of all hardware costs associated with the role.