Linux Technical Support Engineer
FileCloud (an Austin, TX, USA based company) is looking for a Technical Support Engineer with deep technical expertise and knowledge of Linux administration to provide support to our customer base around the world.
This role is fully remote and will require working remotely with other team members.
About the Product & Company
FileCloud is the fastest-growing Enterprise File Share and Sync (EFSS) solution in the industry, with over one million users worldwide. Our products are used by many global 2000 and Fortune 500 companies and world-leading public sector organizations.
FileCloud recently closed a $30 million Series A investment led by Savant Growth to address the growing demand for enterprise security, compliance, and workflow automation. We are currently expanding our team as we grow and improve FileCloud.
- Assist customers with installation and configuration of FileCloud Enterprise software on a variety of hardware including high availability Linux clusters, high speed storage systems, windows servers
- Answer technical questions about software installation, deployment and usage scenarios
- Work directly with customers to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve technical issues with FileCloud's software
- Assist Engineering teams by escalating, reproducing customer issues until a solution is reached
- Add and improve technical documentation
- Strong experience with Linux Administration and troubleshooting is required
- Knowledge of different Linux distros including Ubuntu, Red Hat is a plus
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated and works with little or no supervision
- Genuinely passionate in helping others, takes ownership and pride in their job
- Become a part of a team of passionate, committed individuals dedicated to building a world-class product and personal growth
- A competitive salary with an annual bonus
- Full-time, fully remote work with flexible working hours
- 30 days paid time off which increases by a further 5 days after 5 years of service
- 1 extra day off on your birthday or on an alternative day if your birthday falls outside a normal working day
- Reimbursement of hardware, monthly internet connection cost, and weekly lunch
- Company meet-ups in places around the world
Job Type: Full-time. Compensation is based on experience.